Sunday, September 18, 2011

Let's Hope for Bad Camera Placement

 So I put one of my trail cameras out in a spot that used to be a real producer for getting a feel for what's out there. To my surprise I found that in two weeks I had 77 pictures of 4 3.5 year old bucks (an absolute guess) that will make great shooters for next year. That I am fine with, but the fact that I only had three does walk through has me a little worried. Last year in this same place it wasn't to out of the ordinary to have 30 pictures every night. Maybe the economy is having an effect on how much the deer leave their bedding areas. (A bit of humor)
This isn't the only camera that we have out that isn't producing what we are used to seeing, don't get me wrong we will have plenty to put in the freezer but I want to see more, call me greedy. I like seeing more does because when the rut comes in full tilt I want to have all the draw that we could have.

Regardless I'm going to spend the week shooting and getting ready to bust some vitals. I'll spend a lot of time working on shooting while sitting just in case something sneaks in unnoticed. I'll get my 20 and 30 yard pins sighted in and spend the rest of the week shooting from 50 and 60 yards to really get my form back up to par, and then when something steps within 30 yards I will know that I can seal the deal. Hopefully my next post will have a picture of a wall hanger.



These are a couple other pictures of different bucks that were eating through my corn. The biggest reason I'm guessing 3 1/2 is from past years of watching these bucks. Gonna try another place where deer funnel down into another field when I head out next weekend for deer season so until then GOOD LUCK!!!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's humorous when people say this 3 1/2 year old will be a real nice shooter next year. Where I live, all the old farmers are of the "if it's brown, it's down" school of thought and a 3 1/2 year old buck is an extreme rarity. Wish I had the luxury of passing on bucks that big. Good luck and good hunting.

    ReplyDelete