Saturday, September 17, 2011

Overwhelming Anticipation

The one thing that really let's me know that summer is about over is the first snap of colder weather. I'm not talking look out here comes the snow, I'm talking about, thank God it's not 90. Well that weather has finally come and it leaves the smell of deer season in the air. The cooler weather sends a surge of urgency to get into the woods. All the mornings that you wake up and think "damn the wind is perfect for my stand" all seem to come after the weather cools down. Here in Ohio there are only seven days left before I will be able to head to the woods when the wind is right.
This year is going to be a little bit different from previous years hunting because I will be hunting with my buddy Chad, we are trying to do some filming. This may be The reason for elevated levels of anticipation. We have been watching our foodplots, putting out tons of corn and checking cameras; just waiting for the time to be right.
We both spent last weekend sighting in our bows. On Sunday we went to The Sportsman (local 3d range) and shot the course, had a blast dusting off the old hunting rig. I think I shot exceptionally well considering how long it's been since I last shot, and the fact that I just put a new string sights and rest on at the same time practically and sighted in that morning.
So for now all I've got to say is good luck this year and I hope to be putting up some picturesof a big bodied ten point that scores in the mid 160's. Or better yet video footage.

2 comments:

  1. Man I hear ya. That's exactly how I felt earlier this week. Our early doe season started Thursday and wouldn't ya know, I saw more bucks in one morning than I have in fifteen years combined on that property. Frustrating but I take it as a good sign. Still gotta wait for the first of October for regular archery season. Good hunting man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Michagan, I'm just guessing but I thought I've hear te deer season opens in stages there. Thanks for the post and best of luck to all.

    ReplyDelete