Saturday, February 25, 2012

It's been a while

One thing that I'm beginning to notice as I get older is that I'm trying everything I can to stay young at heart. I had a bad hunting season that turned into no deer what so ever. Actually, I never even had the chance to get a shot at anything other than squirrels.That left a bad taste in my mouth and made me feel old because I only went out seven times all season. I have my wife and one kid at home and every time I felt like hunting something would happen that ended with me not going out. Now the season is long gone and I don't even miss it, which is very out of the ordinary. I bought a new bow for 3-d last year and I haven't even pulled it out of the case yet, so I'm really wondering what is going on with me.
All of the guys that I used to shoot with are in the same boat but it is more related to their new hobbies. They are into riding dirt bikes, which used to be a big part of my life. The thing of that is my wife is completely against the idea of me getting one and back into riding. This sucks because once again it makes me feel like I am ancient! Now instead of being able to fill some type of void in my life I find myself sitting at home and packing on the pounds.
I'm not sure how to convey this type of message to my wife so maybe there will be a chance she reads this and realizes that I need to do something to improve my negative view of things these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment